This blog set the question: Are You the Hundredth Monkey?

Comments to the initial post "What's Up With That?" give wonderful examples of what that might look like.

The New Year has begun. The Hundredth Monkey has abundant opportunity to be heard...to be seen..to make a difference - any difference that makes the world brighter, holier, more sane.

What does that look like for you?

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Future of Food


I may be late to the game (can this possibly be true after 30+ years of bona fide hippie thinking, vegitarian living, yogi being, health food eating, organic shopping, health food teaching, consciousness raising living ?? ) but after viewing and agonizing over Food Inc. and the electrifying revelations that sparked my consciousness about the nature of the food industry in America, I realized that I'm no farmer.  I hadn't the slightest idea what our basic food producing industry faces each and every day - and what that means to me - to you - to our children...so my revelations over Food Inc and the challanging issues of genetically modified foods and their relevance to our survival was disturbing. 

I just now watched the documentary "The Future of Food." 

Now I'm in "no shit sherlock" land.

No newcomer to the game this documentary - but rather a beacon of light that has been shining for a decade.

Perhaps I - like you - are simply newer to it's message.

Friends - family - students - followers - ALL of you who have a vote - and use your vote - and care for your vote... watch this, I beg you.

I am coming to know with every fiber of my being that our universal presumption that in two, or three, or four years, we can just keep sashaying into our local (USA) supermarket and presume we can nourish ourselves with our purchases is likely to be an illusion beyond measure - and based solely on present moment ignorance. 

Look my dears - look.

www.thefutureoffood.com

It begs the question - who are we, really...and what are we doing?

To those of us in the USA who feel we are the "heroes" of the world...feeding the poor and sending relief to the needy, what are we contributing to the international food industry?  Are we heroes to the less industrialized??  True supporters of the less fortunate???  Watch what we are doing with our rights over food and see if this matches who you think you are, and what you represent. 

Ahhhh...we are so innocent.

I seek not to intrude on your dream state, but rather to empower you to DO what YOU can DO rather than believe that someone else is doing it for you - that you are being "taken care of" - that putting food in pretty packages means that you don't even have to think.

I encourage you  to get your Starbucks now and stay wide awake as you watch the testimony in this film.  Stay awake just long enough to feel something. 

Then act. 

You will know what to do. 

You will know what and where your choices are, and how to vote with your consumer dollars.


You will know.


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment